will do some good.” Pope Francis
Create your profile in our new database:
Employers: We Welcome your posting to our new FREE job postings on the CAREERministry job thread
Meeting is usually (unless noted) on the First Thursday of every month @ 6:30pm at Holy Spirit Catholic Church in McDonough Hall, our state of the art meeting room is the perfect venue for our exclusive networking system, Pinpoint. If you are a job seeker, looking for a new career, or are new to the Atlanta area, and simply want to network with some of the finest people in the state, the Career Ministry is the place to do it.
CAREERministry at Holy Spirit invites companies and their assigned representatives to our meetings, where they present job opportunities, introduce the culture of those companies, and offer the most successful approach to a career within that company. We are a resource you don’t want to miss.
Networking is the Key.
CAREERministry in ATLANTA is the Place.
Here is Our Formula:
- Free Resume and Career Transition Assistance.
- Meet Potential Employers for Networking, Job Opportunities and Feedback.
- Roundtable interactive Networking.
- Free LinkedIn Profile Photos
- Hospitality and Prayerful Support.
- Dress is Business Casual.
Our attendees and volunteers offer one another prayerful support, because…
All Things are Possible Through Prayer.
- NEXT MEETING: October 1st 2015
- MEETINGS IN NOVEMBER & DECEMBER- 11/5 & 12/7
Our scheduled Guest Presenter will be:
- Nadine Walley- The Frontier Group- Marketing Plan/Search Strategy/Networking Guide WORKSHOP
- Al Smith- Transition Sherpa- “You Finally got an Interview…Don’t BLOW it!”
Our recent guest presenters have included:
- Jeff Sheehan, Co-author, HIRED! Paths to Employment in the Social Media Era
- Judi Adams, Job Search Coach, Right Changes: Essentials of Today’s Job Market
- Dr. Michelle Hutchinson- What Should You Do With Your Resume?
- Nadine Walley- Elevator Speech and the Two-minute Drill
- Lee Pence, CFP- The Strategic Financial Alliance- What To Do With Your Finances/401K During A Job Search
- Jeff Sheehan- Co-Author- HIRED! Paths to Employment in the Social Media Era. How to Use LinkedIn and Other Social Media Tools in Your Job Search- Based on experience with 11,000+ LinkedIn Connections/320,000 Followers on Twitter.
- Lisa Zier- The Southern Company
- Jay Boylan- Avery Partners
- Ruth Kelly- Ranstad Staffing and Recruiting
- Jana Jenkins- WellStar Health Systems [Her journey to a new job!]
- Samantha Richie/Bryain Winfrey-Comcast
- Brett Scott-Quest Financial
- Joyelle Volero-Surya
- Al Smith- Transition Sherpa- Being Found Online- “Words to Work”
- Renee Smith-Cox Communications
- Caron (Atteberry) Day-Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Valarie Jacobs- Zep Manufacturing
- Jay Litton- Author, Speaker, Career Ministry Director- RUMC- The WOW! Interview (Sept.)
- Jeff Sheehan- Author, Speaker, Radio Show Host, Career Ministry Director- Holy Spirit Catholic Church- How to Use Social Media for Your Job Search (Sept.)
- AT&T (August)
- GM (General Motors) (August)
- Georgia Department of Labor (August)
- Consort Institute (August)
- CareerBuilder (July)
- NCR (July)
- MSI International (July)
- Avery Partners (July)
- Al Smith- Transition Sherpa (LinkedIn & Words to Work) (July)
- Yellow Pages (June)
- IBM/Silverpop (June)
- Georgia Banking Company (June)
- Sarah Crossman Sullivan of See It Fit (Reinventing oneself -inspirational talk) (June)
- Our October meeting is scheduled for Thursday, October 1st
Stay connected with CAREERministry
We have Wifi, so you may bring your computer
Please keep the unemployed and our country in your prayers in these challenging times.